Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Monday 29 October 2012

Orange Cats and New Dogs


The Reddings are in fine fettle this morning!  At the moment they are charging about the house like the "Light Brigade".  At one point Otis the Bold, lept up in the air in front of Old Keeper and gained himself a yark for that one.  They have stunk up the whole place with their morning deposits in the litter box and I had no choice but to clean it to rid the place of that odour.  Otis also got into the recycle bag and hauled out the  empty kitty litter container and somehow ended up wearing the wrapper around his middle! Yesterday they got together end emptied a cox of small cans of cat food and then played with the box.  He is now playing with that again as he gets his wind back for another "Redding Romp".  Opus the "Shredder of Kleenex" has been foiled at this habit by tin dog dishes covering the waste baskets.(they fit right in the tops very nicely)  But I don't dare drop one tissue or he'll have it for sure.  As Otis finds new toys every day, and particularly likes his emery board and his flattened plastic straw, Opus is quite content with the two Christmas mouses(one green, one white) that he has found from his predecessor Mr. Peaches.

  It was a busy weekend with a stray dog being turned in Friday night and then Daisy arriving to be pet sat on Sat.  The boys have only had to deal with one dog(Maddie) since their arrival but I am happy to say they took it all in stride very well.  The stray dog turned out to be "Einstein" and was a very respectful dog as he went through the house to be let out into the back yard.  Daisy I am pretty sure has always hated cats but accepts that my word is law and this is my house and my cats and dogs do not chase or even threaten them.  Good for her! That is of course only good manners.  Einstein was picked up yesterday-Sunday, and owner even dropped me some cash money which was wonderful.  So often people think a thank-you is enough but besides my time and trouble I feed all the animals twice a day so there is some money involved in the end.  Mostly I am just glad to "be of service" - get the dog off the streets or highway as in this case  and then home again..



The Reddings need these dog experiences if
I am to contnue pet-sitting and I am pretty
proud of them today .  They are shaping up
to be well-adjusted boy cats for sure!  




The Reddings seem to have a great affection for dog beds and as soon as I brought Daisys' nice bed in they had to try it out.  Daisy seems to prefer to be in the porch now I have the heat on and she has a nice couch cushion out there that she likes.  How do I know all this?? They told me so with actions and body language.
At times having these two orange cats is like having two two-yr-old kids around.  They keep me busy checking on what they are into now and two minutes from now and so it goes.  When they finally crash for a rest they really get my curiosity up and I have to find where they are.  Luckily they sometimes sleep for a couple of hours which is a nice break for the rest of us.  Keeper especially finds them trying as she trips over all their toys and puts up with their shenanigans.  But for the most part we are becoming a pretty good family unit now and they do enhance our lives and I am glad I took these two boys on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.