Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 10 November 2012

Quiet Days in Miracle House


 For a change, things have been reasonably quiet in Miracle House. No extra dogs and cats a little easier to live with as they go out in the porch first thing in the morning to use the porch kitty litter box and be fed and then back in after the “Redding Romp” has already taken place. Pretty peaceful way to start the morning then and dogs just have a snooze in peace. Once the dogs have been fed and I have eaten, the Redding Brothers seem much calmer and the day continues. I have discovered Otis can and will cuddle at times but Opus has hm beat paws down. I have also watched Otis creep up on Keepers' bed with her and lie ever so quietly and the old dog doesn't know he is there until she wakes up. Teko too sometimes loses his nice bed to Otis, but there you go you can train a dog but cats get you to take a number. Otis finds new toys every day and I gave him a wind-up pink lady-bug to see what he would do and in no time he was carrying it about the house in his mouth. Opus on the other hand could care less about it.
Otis seems to he a hard time tolerating dry cat food even though I bought him IAMS again(pretty expensive). But he seems to do fine with Grammas “slurry” which is all homemade. So I may have to take on making his food. There goes that nice chunk of fish I got for my B-day! But cannot cook it yet as my oven needs a new element. That kind of stuff falls under that dirty word Maintenance and will take a bit longer than most chores, as not sure I can change it myself........but maybe? We'll see, first off have to get serial numbers off stove and find somewhere to order new element. No first off get the numbers!
Soon too I must plastic the windows and then hope cats do not destroy my efforts. I put a board across the bottom of the window in my bedroom so that one should be OK. Then too must measure porch window and get that replaced. Oh boy don't want to do any of this but procrastinating will not get it done for sure. Other than those few things all is well here with me and my furry family and I am glad of it. Thassit for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.