Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Tired Humbled and Happy

The title of this post describes how I feel today. Didn't party wildly (who does anymore?) but it was a very busy day and so I am tired. 
  A great many well-wishers (course I put it on FB) phone calls cards etc.-I did get your card Sandi and the little plaque thank-you I like it. And that all left me humbled that so many nice people took the time to wish me a happy birfdy. And I'm just happy to know you all and to have my new orange kitty's.  Life is good at the moment and I can't complain at all. My fridge is bursting with all sorts of food-birthday bounty one could call it. First came pickled beets that I really like and then a whole supper cooked and ready for the microwave as well as cheesecake! Gramma  made me a huge angel food cake. Then I got a bag of lifesaver-Lasagna!! And a chunk of fish to cook up Besides which Jill took me out for supper and I came home with more food.  I actually ate three real meals yesterday! And had two drinks as well!  I feel well-fed and well-loved and won't have to shop or cook for some time. Great. 

 On the home front things are a little different.  I stupidly put out some whiskas dry cat food just for a change for the boys. I suspect Otis ate most of it and when we came home had upchucked more than I thought a cat could hold!  I thought about locking him out of the bedroom but didn't have the heart to do that to him. I think he was all finished by the time we went to bed. Then this morning I was awakened by Keeper yarking at one of the cats,(yep Otis again) Keeper doesn't really bark anymore and it does sound like a yark.  I never did find out the problem there as my incontinent old Keeper had had a pissident on the kitchen floor(just washed it of course)  and also an assident  by her bed.  She can't really help it and it is not enough reason for me to have her put down so I will just keep cleaning it up.She doesn't seem to be in pain although I know she has arthritis and gets around pretty well so we just continue one day at a time. Its quite a challenge now the Redding Brothers here to let the old dogs out and get them back in again without one of the boys getting out.  But I am up for it and will manage I am sure.If and when I have to be away and Laura next door pees the dogs for me I shall have to put the Redding brothers in the porch because at 80 it is expecting too much of Laura to be faster than the cats. Mostly life all works out in the end. With Birthday money in my pocket I think i would like to go to Nelson on Friday maybe-we'll see.Well the "Crew" had all been fed and now they are settled down for quiet time and I am off to do my dishes so I can once again use my sink.

 I love FB and my blog but it sure takes up the time in the morning.






                                                           ~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.