Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 27 October 2012

The Redding Brothers Again.

 
My two Orange Cats are rapidly becoming totally irreplaceable. 



Yes. there have been a few growing pains and adjustments on everyone's part but mostly we are a pretty happy family.  The dogs continue to try and train the cats, but I think the cats are winning. They sleep where they feel like it with no thought of "who's" bed they are in.  Keeper seemed most upset the other day to find Otis on her new softy bed I recently bought her.  She finally gave up and found another spot.  Teko however was the funniest.  When Otis took over his (teko's) softy/basket bed, he climbed in with him albeit with a few growls to let the cat know he really didn't appreciate a bed mate.  I should have gotten a photo but as always never thought of it in time.
  Although it works very well to put the Reddings out in the porch first thing in the morning and give them breakfast out there, lately I have had other dogs around and don't want to take any chances.  The boys were very alert when I brought the new dogs through the house but never ran and therefore did not become "prey" in the dogs mind. They will be tested this weekend however when Daisy comes to stay.  That collie really does not like cats but I gave her a heavy tongue lashing when she last thought about going for the late Mr.Peaches and after that she wouldn't even look at them.  Mind, two cats running and raising hell may be a different thing?? We'll see, as nothing ventured nothing gained. It makes life so much easier when everyone gets along.  And get along they must, because pet-sitting has made my life so much easier.(financially). I always expect winter to mean not much call for pet-sitting but so far my regulars still seem to need me and that is great!  I have fallen into a good thing and as long as I stay home all summer, when most people go away or visit the Kootenays, I hope to continue.  In the meantime the "boys" continue to keep things rather lively, here in Miracle House.

  Last night another stray was turned into me. A nice mellow dog that is easy to get along with.
I wish I could learn how to put photos on fb as that would be a big help.  Have no idea who to turn to for help and can only hope my courses at Selkirk will eventually teach me.How the hell does everyone learn I wonder?? This is a neutered male dog with a chain collar but no ID,  I have a stack of old tags if anyone wants to use them to put their phone number on the back.  it would save a lot of work for the people involved and owners would know where their dogs are right away and not worry all night. Hopefully the owner will phone soon as I have Daisy coming tonight and one dog less makes things easier.I don't charge for the strays coming by during hours when there is no Animal Control going on, and just use my spca status. But a donation is always appreciated.  That's all for now folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.