Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Can't Judge

Well you can't judge a cat by the first day for sure.  Opie, who was the shy cat at first is now the most lovey! He loves to sleep on my chest or sit on the back of my chair when I am on computer and always seems to want to know where I am. Otis is very friendly as well but more interested in food I think and it is little wonder he is the larger cat.  I think Laurel did an excellent job fostering these cats and they are not rough or too unruly at all-so far! Opie and I had a nice nap on the couch in the afternoon and then at 10:00 they both disappeared.  I suspected they had gone to bed but no cats there either.  They had both found their "spots" to be and a tail hanging past the curtain gave one away that he was on the windowsill.  I almost went for my camera.  In any event all is very well in Miracle House today and its my birthday and I am a happy camper! I have gotten several nice cards and presents already and I am most grateful for good friends that want to help me celebrate this 65th! birthday. I made it! And will get my first check next month! HURRRAH! May life be easier!
Back to the Redding Bothers. I think Otis started that name as when he is purring he can really reach some high notes and at first I didn't know what that sound was--rather neat actually and he seems rather proud of his "voice".
  Both Keeper and Teko have had an occasion to discipline the "boys". Keeper just yarked at them for running right over her-she does demand a bit of respect and that's OK.  Teko was the same and got possessive of his "space" as well.  The boys have gotten the idea and surely there is enough room for two cats,two dogs and one human in Miracle House?  I always believe there is room for one more and am usually able to find it if necessary.  No booking for pet-sitting on the horizon at the moment so can just enjoy the boys for awhile.  Supper with Gramma at the Golf course was nice and don't know what they did with the veggies but they were most delicious and I am not a great vegetarian at all. Had the rest of my steak for supper last night and off again tonight with Jill.  Then out again on Thursday.  Can't remember when last I had three nights out!!
Much to be grateful for these days.  My house is still standing and I am warm and well-fed, as are the animals. And Pete got all the moss off my roof and fixed the porch leak and the lawn in the back may need only one more mowing and all is well! Fine by me! Oh yeah and I even have money in my pocket!! What more does one need??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.