Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Sunday 14 October 2012

The Reddings Still Ride My "Range"

Although I had hoped to go on to other subjects, I thought I had best catch everyone up on the Redding brothers once again.  They are developing more habits each day.This morning I found most of the Kleenex from my waste basket beside the computer shredded.  It would seem it was Opus that did it this time although possibly Otis had a paw in it as well..  I hate to think my "good boy" Opus would do anything bad but of course he does and it isn't always Otis.  No good cat Mom should play favorites.  Otis has paid for his  gulping of canned cat food.  He promptly pukes it all back up so I have quit feeding them canned stuff. At least with the kibble they have to eat it slower.  Between the cats and the ancient old dog I have been kept busy cleaning up.  This morning Keeper had a particularly gross mess.(Elaine quit reading here!) She has often made a mess on the floor but today's mess was a bit extreme.  She had walked in it enough to spread it around and then it dried!  I think I need a snow scrapper to get it up and have done not much about it yet as have to go outside to get a scrapper!  I guess this is when most people get fed up and have the animal put down.  But I love her so much and cannot think of parting with her and am not about to do so because of these accidents.  I don't like it but there are many things we don't like in life and hopefully I can manage. Just when I get most frustrated she suddenly had no more accidents for a week or more. Go figure!
    Presently the cat boys are in their playpen aka. porch.  The Redding Romp was upsetting and its much nicer for the rest of us to let them do their "romp" on a different range so to speak. this ploy may or may not work in the winter-we'll see. I have changed my sheets to nice warm and cozy Micro fleece ones and Opus particularly likes them(as do I)  I think Opus cuddled all night.  young cats like this apparently don't have to get up in the night to go to the bathroom where it is not so, for this new Senior.  The cats follow me out in hopes most likely of a treat or food but they really do know they will not be fed until later. Sometimes feeding the boys helps calm them down but at other times it seems to energise them and hence the Redding Romp all over the house!there is also a time in the evening when it suddenly becomes time for the "Romp!" Last night I felt in fear of my poor body as the romp went right over top of me and at least one boy cat used my tummy as a jumping off spot type springboard! Luckily no claws out and so no "tracks" on my body. They certainly have very little respect for my body and in self defense I may have to start trying to gain some respect from them. But for the most part I have been enjoying the "boys" a lot and they have livened up this old house for sure.  I cannot imagine coming home and not being greeted by the Redding Brothers.  Love them to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.