Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 28 February 2012

$25 is still $25

    In the days following my first dog bite I did fume a lot and felt helpless to get anything done about things. First and foremost, I thought the owner should take some responsibility. So my next step was to visit her, at her place of work. I normally wouldn't do that but this time I did. There was little satisfaction there as I literally watched this woman SIMPER! Small people using their diminutive size  for sympathy simply p me off. I could feel my temperature rising and when she told me  "if I was going to be a dogcatcher I could expect to get bitten", I had to leave. 
    I suppose most people would have just said "Oh Well" and forgotten about it. I certainly didn't lose any sleep over the $25.00 but I didn't forget about it either. Whenever I saw this person I just treated her as a non-persona, non-existent and invisible. Approximately fourteen years later, I met this same person on the street and she told me she would like to make "amends" for what she now (belatedly) felt was irresponsible dog ownership.  I surprised myself by answering that  "amends" could be made by paying me the $25.00 still owing for my meds.
 A few days later I was even further surprised when a check for that amount was left at the office for me

 It just goes to show you never know "by the size of a frog, how far it's gonna jump"!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.