Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Thursday 31 May 2012

Nest Is Emptying!


Big changes in Miracle House! Maddie AND Jiggs have gone home!! Pretty quiet house! Miss them for sure and knew I would. But its all good and I know they had a great holiday. A friend told me I hadn't mentioned in my blog that when Maddie was put in the porch for the night she always humped her bed for about ten minutes before settling in. Too funny and her owner has even asked the vet about it but like me he probably never heard of it before and its harmless enough I guess. Whatever turns your crank. Anyway its all good as I still have Max the J.R, and he is like five dogs himself.
Well! I was just most surprised just now when Teko scratched at my knee to go out!! This is the dog that for years has gone on the carpets!! He has “asked” more than once of late and that is really good! Teko is not so in love with Max anymore as he finds him far to energetic and not respectful of Teko's size, age, or “space”.  More than a few times Max has been told off in no uncertain terms and he gets it too! Of course being a forgetful puppy  (for another three months-then he is a year old and no more excuses-in my book anyway) he does it again and there is a repeat performance. Something like parenthood? In any case Teko is well-prepared for his lot in life and certainly doesn't mind being a cranky old fart at this stage. For the most part he is a happy little bugger. Uh-oh I just ventured out into the kitchen and got stared at by three dogs trying to tell me it was brekkie time. Oh! And an hour past! A much slower day today without as many responsibilities. So they are all eating now. Keeper in the kitchen, Teko in the bathroom and Max in his crate. Max by the way tucked right into his meal which is nice to see. Gotta fuel that little strong, ever-ready body!
Max had been playing with a cat ball that had a bell on it. I no sooner thought about getting the bell off before he did (always remembering he swallows such things) when he came to me and dropped the bell at my feet! He had of course tried to eat it and it was bent but so much better in the garbage than Max's tummy! Whew! Now I have given him the last toy I bought for Keeper that she never used. Its a small tennis ball on a strap. Max loves it! It just occurred to me that the strap is not necessarily for playing tugawar but so people can throw it again without getting dog slime on their hands?? Excellent idea.
We usually have a nap time here around one o'clock or so and I fell asleep and max was not in his crate. At some point I woke up and could not see him anywhere. First thought ”What's he into now?”. Followed by “Where the hell is he?” Well not to worry silly little bugger was sleeping on top of his crate! I can't leave it open as other dogs would eat his food but he can jump like a deer and there is a nice soft afghan that covers his crate and he quite likes it. He is just so fast that keeping track of him is a challenge for sure. Once he is awake and moving he doesn't stop and you never know where he is next. Something like the speed of sound?
Yesterday we all went to Balfour to meet Jiggs' owner so Jiggs could go home again. Think his owner was impressed with the “unloading process”. Even though he was excited Jiggs listened and came out last. I am pretty proud of the manoeuvre. Once or twice Jiggs has “broken” and come out too soon but at least he let me show off on this occasion. Yah Jiggs!
So, although things have slowed down here a lot I am sure there will be more stories. There always are and I still have one old Aussie/Border collie and one Chihuahua and one Jack Russell and an almost orange cat. Unless they are sick animals are always happy and that makes me happy too and a small price to pay with their care! Til tomorrow!! JMD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.