Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 26 May 2012

Happy Dogs


Well. One thing for sure, boarding dogs is not for wusses. Although the dogs and I had a great day yesterday my body is complaining a lot today.
First off, there was the new post to put in on the fence. I had asked Maddies owners if the hubby could help me and he would have done it but I had to get stubborn(and German) and do it myself. It did work to put the post pounder up on the ladder platform you normally put a paint can on. Still the pounding was not easy(it used to be!) When the owners of maddie arrived he did put in a post on the other side and would have put in a third but I didn't have any more posts. He did it so effortlessly I was ready to kick him! Maddie the just turned one year old Lab arrived rather boisterously and the cat Mr.Peaches did not move from his basket in the porch but just observed all things. As a precaution I did pick him up and popped him in the house-just in case this calmness did not last. Mr.P is an almost orange cat-very light and therefore the name. Maddie as always was happy happy happy! Jiggs was in the back yard and surprised me by sounding the alarm and doing a lot of warning off of Maddie (who took absolutely no notice of it-too busy being happy I expect. I took the precaution of putting a short leash on Jiggs-just in case he wasn’t going to be friendly and a few minutes later was able to just let him go and He and Maddie decided to be friends. They actually spent most of the day in the back yard-which made for a quieter house for me! Soon it was time to go for coffee and I loaded everyone up with Maddie in the very back of the van that has a barrier to keep her there. Down at the dog park Jiggs and Maddie had a blast running and running some more. Keeper and Teko and I walked sedately while those two went bonkers. I am not impressed with Maddie whining and at times barking in the van but we are working on it. If you see me pull over and go to the back of the van I am disciplining. We’ll see what a week of this brings. Guess Maddie doesn't know the cardinal rule-”No barking in the Dogmobile!” Crossing the road with four dogs on leash wasn't too big a deal but I wouldn't want to have to travel too far that way. Gone are the days when I only had my own dogs and they listened and wouldn't have charged across the road. Its also a big responsibility having these “charges” to look after. They are all special to their owners and to me as well and we must do what we can to protect them from harm and also to keep them happy. I think every one of them (my own included) were happy yesterday. I would be happy today if my body didn't hurt so bad and now it is time to mow the damn lawns. I totally understand why retirement age is 65! In my case I have more or less (probably more) used my body up.
It was most interesting to get so many comments on my blog about education. I am most humbled to hear from people and have them say I taught them a lot! I thought I only taught riding but maybe not? Maybe much more and no teachers degree either. HA! And that hard on the heels of the Ms.Happyface pictures posted recently.
I did leave my charges on their own for a short time and went and bought some instant flowers and put them in pots. That was my treat to me as Maddies owners paid a bit in advance. Money certainly burns a hole in my pocket. But its nice to feel rich for awhile anyway. It was a nice evening so I took the dogs for a second walk and had them all offleash. Keeper wandered quite a ways and I had to walk over and catch her (how do you call a deaf dog again?) and by that time I knew my body was really tired so we came home. I once more had some time out and went next door for coffee with my neighbor. Much as I love filling my house with animals I need a break once in awhile. Sleeping arrangements started off right and in the night Jiggs left to sleep on the couch and silly old Keeper slept on the floor beside her basket. I am wondering if she now finds her cusion to high and maybe falls off it? Pretty hard to fall off the floor anyway so guess she has figured out what she needs and Jiggs as well.I can't help but wonder if Jiggs sleeps on the couch at home and no one knows it yet? Could be I guess. And so this morning everyone is sleeping again and soon it will be time to do their breakfasts. A whole new day ahead of us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.