Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Hope Springs Eternal

    I want to tell you about a little dog I have as a boarder right now.  Her name is Hope and she is a very special little dog.  Don't know what breed at all but she looks to have a splash of Yorkie in her if you look at her ears.  She is my most favourite boarder and even gets half price as she is a pleasure to have around.
Although she looks like a "pick-me-up" dog she is very independent and doesn't need to be picked up. Her little body is working well for her and she has strong muscles. But she is only here for four days. Just long enough for me to get really used to her.  She doesn't bark and is very polite and super smart. When you tell her to "go pee" she does just that and is rather snappy about it too. She gets special privileges here for sure and is allowed on the couch and the bed!  I looked after her some time ago and my brother happened to be visiting and she absolutely fell in love with him!  She would have loved to have slept with him but when not
allowed she came with me. Hurt my feelings to be "second-choice."  This time when she arrived one of the first things she did was go to the bed in the spare room to see if Frank was here.
    Hope is such a people dog she would never think of running away and besides that she is also super obedient. She wears a harness as she slips most collars but she walks along very importantly. She pulls a bit which I don't particularly care for but that's what harnesses do-they teach them to pull and that's what harnesses are for as well.
Feeding Hope is the only problem she has as she has always eaten whatever her Mom has for supper. She belongs to Sue Heituma.  Now I don't always have supper and don't always cook but Sue brought food along and hopefully tonight Hope will eat as she hasn't in a couple of days. Trout and rice tonight.
Its hard to explain why Hope is such a pleasure to have around.  She is simply one in a million! She is a very confident and grounded little dog.  When I get up in the night she doesn't bother disturbing herself and knows  I will be back and its not enough reason to disturb her own sleep. Same goes for when the rest of us get up too early, Hope lies in bed like a princess and gets up when she feel like it. She would dearly love to chase the cat, but figured out in no time that wasn't done in this house and that he lives here. Apparently they once let her chase a cat and she has a memory like an elephant! She is not above moving fast at him to keep him on his toes though and I doubt they will ever be friends.  She gets along great with other dogs and simply takes it all in stride.  A happy little character I am glad she has such a good home where nothing bad will ever happen to her.  She is one laid back and well-adjusted little being.
   In the van, (my dog mobile) she would dearly like to be on the passenger seat
 but that is taken by Teko who is not about to share. I am sure two little dogs would fit there but they are all their own personalities. Not being able to do that she would really really love to be on my lap!  I don't feel that is safe so it isn't allowed. No matter to Hope she gets on the back seat with Keeper who is old and simply accepts things. I don't think Hope is a scrapper at all but there may be something that pushes her buttons.  She has energy to burn but not crazy and mostly just a delight to have around!  An easy  dog for sure-would be nice if they were all like that.  In short she is a lady.
   Hope is also featured on my business card along with Keeper and Chance (who had to go to dog heaven because of his aggression)  She is simply a great little dog and as I said my favorite. She doesn't seem to have any "issues" or "baggage: which is more than we people can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.