Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 12 May 2012

Thanks Kaslo

A trip to Nelson usually is not a big deal, but sometimes it turns out that way.A few last minute things and delays made my leaving time a tad late around 9:45. Next thought should I take the car my Momma Bea gave me or my van that needs a run to Nelson for carbonation or something? But the car has a big time rust problem and mechanic has warned gas could fall out all over when I fuel up. Whatever its cheaper to run so far so the car it was. As I left Kaslo and was going upthe hill my side mirror gave me a most beautiful “snapshot” of blue blue lake and wonderful mountains. Amost beautiful day to be going anywhere and I had an uneventful trip in. Did a BIG shop in Walmart and took my things out tot the car and put them in the trunk. Then a lady at a nearby car pointed out that I had a flat. 

Oh Boy. Have no idea where spare is or jack or anything. I have never owned a little car. Lady said someplace in the trunk hatchback thingy. Ok all parcels need to goin back seat and there was a mat and a piece of plywood and a tire wrench and the weirdest excuse for a tire I have ever seen! Ah this must be what they call a donut-I read about those. Enough, I have BCAA. Now to find a phone! 
Walked and walked and enquired and never did find the phone but was told I needed fifty cents. Instead Pete Faas came by and we used his phone and eventually got through. But it bothered me that I could not find a jack, so when I saw Kim Planadin I asked him if he knew where the jack would be. WE fiddled about and found it stored also in the trunk. Then he continued on the show me how the jack worked. I am simply too old-fashioned and used to trucks and a bumper jack that I understand. Kim pointed out that these little cars don't really have a bumper! There you go I am outdated past expiry date. There may be a stamp on my butt that says “best before....” So the next idea that pops into my mind is maybe buying a new tire as the donut thing was flat as well. Thanks Kim for your help and support. So into the store we go to buy a tire.They have ONE left. Kim brings in the other tire and then BCAA arrives and it is discovered my old tire is holding air and they can't find a problem. 

OK cancel work order and tire and BCAA guy takes my tire and puts it on for me and inflates the donut-may I never have to use it! Its quite wonderful how Kaslo people show up just when you need a hand. One to make the phone call-one to take the tire off and find the jack and the other one actually works in Walmart! Way to go everyone and I am thankful and grateful. Someday I may have a new car but I am not going to hold my breath and it might take all the fun out of life huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.