Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Pooper Scoopin'

Business for "Miracle House Pet sitting" continues to flourish and yesterday started off with a large husky or malamute coming for the day.  Her name was Inga and she had recently had surgery on her legs (Cruciate tendons or something?  Of course I had to go doggin' so we popped her in the back of my dogmobile and although she was upset for a few moments and barked she soon settled down and all was well.  When I walked my two dogs I left her in the van as my back wasn't up to lifting her in again.  She didn't care but by the time we got home she was glad to go into the back yard and tend to her bodily functions.  A very quiet and shy dog, she was afraid to come in the house but once she did caused absolutely no upset.  Very mannerly and when I passed by her she would attempt to get up and out of the way but with her leg problem I told her it was okay not to and she understood.  I had a nice quiet afternoon resting my back until around four and then I puttered out in the front yard waiting for Ingas' owner to come.  She did eventually and we chatted for a time and then they left and it was just me and mine.
   I must say I am happy and proud of how Teko and Keeper have handled the different dogs coming and going.  I hope that means they are balanced and confident in their home and me and life in general.  I think it is good to shake up their lives every so often so they don't get possessive and jealous etc. And Mr.Peaches was most amazing! He showed absolutely no fear of any of the dogs. However I made a point of having him in the house at night on never left  him in the porch when there was another dog around.  He does like his privacy at times and simply opens the bedroom door and retreats to quiet when he fancies.  I miss Max but boy is it calmer around here without him!  JR's are just too busy!  And calm and quiet are okay too.  I enjoy it.  Someone told Max's owner I didn't like JR's but really there are few dogs I dislike and I know if they are really misbehaved it is the owners fault not the dog's.  In the end I was glad of the opportunity to work with Max and as I have said before I probably learned as much as he did!  All good in the end.
   I used to write for Pennywise about dogs and we called it the "Paws Up and Paws Down Corner"  I think I will continue that here.
Today's topic is:   Paws up to the pooper scoopers!  Thank-you to those that accept responsibility for their pets and pick up after them.  That keeps our town cleaner and the places where you walk your dogs as well.  I have always felt that if you have a dog you get the bark. the bite. and the POOP!  You get to deal with those things in order for your dog not to cause other people problems.  Our small village even provides stands with pooper bags for your convenience although I think any dog owner should come prepared at all times.  Got the dog? Have the bags!  So..."Paws Up" to those that deal with this and "Paws Down" and shame on you to those that leave it behind for someone to step in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.