Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 2 June 2012

Pissidents & Assidents


Wow 'nother day! You know you are getting 'dogerized' when you go to bed at night and find a roll of pooper bags in the pocket of your pyjamas! It would be nice if it warmed up, I would like to try Max on a bit of agility and that was my first thought this morning upon waking. I think he would do well and it would be great stimulation (like he needs it?) but would also be a fun way to employ a little obedience as well. When 'last call' came last night old Keeper took one look at the rain and decided she didn't need to pee. Oh Well her choice, unless she has a problem in the night-which hasn't happened since the other dogs arrived! Great!
Because of the appearance of the fourth dog-the male black lab, Max was usurped on his training in town. Instead I put two signs on the black dog and walked him up and down front street in hopes someone would recognize him. They said “DO YOU KNOW ME? I AM LOST”. A Lady in the Insurance office suggested it might be Finnegan and finally when another woman from Sunnyside was sure it was he and told me where to take him I did. I should have known it was him but just didn't twig. He has been in trouble for killing chickens and also once did in a Raven at the school. His owners have parted company from each other and poor Finnegan really doesn't know where he is supposed to be right now and obviously no one is keeping tabs on him. Ah well I can't change owners attitudes and make them better but they don't deserve such a good dog.
A good friend and I call bodily function accidents with the dogs “Pissidents” and “Assidents” and there have been none for a couple of days. Then this morning just a couple of minutes ago the cat came over and had a pisssident right on my long lap rug!! I couldn't believe it and at first thought it was Max lying on my feet. Not so! Man! They are all out to drive me nuts. So Mr.Peaches has been put in the porch to think about his bathroom habits and I had better clean out his shitty box as maybe it is my fault??
I gave Max a small teddy bear to play with and later heard “crunch crunch” and went to see what he was doing and of course he was chewing the nose out. I got one piece but in the process of running him down he simply swallowed the other. Hopefully it was small enough to pass, although with all he eats(dust bunnies,goose poop and anything small that he comes across) its a wonder he is still alive! I looked in his mouth and think he is actually teething with the back molars coming in so of course he wants to do a lot of chewing. He has also picked up on the morning sleep thing. After the first pee break you come back in and 'cause the boss is just on the computer and isn't going to feed you until 7:00 a.m., you may as well catch some more zees. Its the quietest time of the day I tell you! But as the hour hand on the clock gets closer to 7 there are often many “looks” and trips to the kitchen to see if I somehow quietly put down everyone’s food without them hearing about it. Fat chance of that happening. The other two may be getting deaf but Max can hear a fart I am sure! Uh-oh I am getting a tad “common” so will just wrap this up for today and let you know in the next post how today goes. Thassit everyone! JMD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.