Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Sunday 17 June 2012

Just Another Day

I do intend to get back to writing stories of my past again but for now will just do  post of the present again.  In my search to get my email straightened out I ended up on some kind of site that phoned me and then fixed everything for---$200.00! I cannot tell you why I was so foolish as to agree to their terms and give them my credit card info but I think I have learned a big-time lesson. Of course after the fact all sorts of people have other solutions but at the time that's what happened.  these young bucks can really charm a silly old lady like me and there you have it.  Well its something I have to live with now and at least I do have email again and have found another guy that helps as well.  I haven't even started to pay for this computer and have some friends that think I was "took" on that as well but will again have to stand by my decisions.  Once again I find myself assuring me that "things Will All Work Out In The End.
   Teko had and "assident" on the rug the other day and I didn't see it and stepped in it with my SLIPPERS! and actually slid in it!  YECH, bad enough when that happens outside but inside!!!  Pardon the pun but he was definitely one the shit-list after that and did not redeem himself until the evening when he actually came to me and put his paws on my knee and wanted out!! He does so know where he is supposed to go!! But in the night he cannot reach me so I guess I have to put up with some of this.  I mean I wake up at 5:00 a.m. and they were let out at 11:00p.m. so you would think even a little dog like him might make 7 hours but not so, apparently. Oh well it does clean up anyway.
   I had a date to meet here with Gramma K to comb out the dogs and went to town and forgot about what with walking the dogs and people to talk to etc.  Got back to a note that she has waited until 11:00 but don't know when she arrived so am thinking an hour and i am probably on that same list as Teko was?? Because it was not raining and I felt guilty I put a blanket on the outdoor table and did Teko and most of Keeper but they fight so much it is a real chore.  Teko would not be still and I quicked one of his nails and then when I did the same with old Keeper I decided to quit for the day.  It doesn't make doing them the next time any easier but luckily they may not forget but they do forgive.  I think I liked it better in the old days when I had my Aussie dog.  She would start to look really woolly and I would do battle with combing her out but it was only once a year.  I remember once when Kay was chastising me, Nick just told her to leave me alone as they were farm dogs and so they were.  Don't know as I ever did Aussies nails or her daughters -Skidder.. but they ran and went on rides with me a lot and maybe kept them worn down??Keeper used to be great for combing out and doing nails and would just lay there half asleep but that stopped as she aged and now she just doesn't want messed with at all.  Can kind of understand that too. Old bones and bodies hurt more and are more sensitive to such tortures as grooming presents.  But we should be good for awhile now.
    Just got some news from a friend in England that she and her hubby are coming over to Van. and they are going to rent a car and come up and see me.  Holy  cow!  Clare is a friend of my buddy Judy's and came to Kaslo many years ago for a visit and now she is coming again. Great! I love company and they will probably take me out for a supper or two which I will love as well.  No date yet but that doesn't really matter, I had no plans to go anywhere anyway.  I still hve to dung out the spare room sometime soon fro a friends brother that comes up for three or four days as he has said he is coming this year.  He golfs so I am hoping he doesn't come until this weather has cleared up.  It has to sometime??Right?  so thassit for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.