Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Monday 4 February 2013

Dogs and Cats Galore


 The Reddings have become a large part of my life and I enjoy them a lot. They are growing and gaining weight rapidly. They have no idea that dogs chase cats, they greet one and all at the door with a nose touch and a good hoover with their noses. They are changing too. Before this it was usually Opus that was the cuddly one. Now I find Otis is every bit as much of a cuddler. In the night I can't tell who is who and am often surprised to find it is Otis that cuddled all night. Otis still will pig out on food and then upchuck it in the porch-not my favorite job cleaning that up! I think I am afraid to take him to the vet and find out something horrible is wrong with him—other than the once in awhile upchuck he is fine and seems most healthy. Still I will have to look into it-soon.
We have a new guest named Rocky! He is older and on meds and THE easiest dog to have around. All he does is sleep and when he has to go he comes and finds me and of course is always there for meal times. He is a black cocker spaniel. He is here for four and a half weeks so I am glad to find he is low maintenance. He cleans up his food so no worries about the other dogs getting it and sits wherever I put him in the dogmobile. So I have three geriatric dogs in the house at present. But that is about to change. Maddie arrives today for eleven days and then Jiggs is coming for a visit for three days or so. Those two will play together, while the geriatrics sleep in the house. Still, it will be a very busy weekend for me! Once again I am glad to have a van to put them all in while we go to work.


It gets harder and harder to take Keeper with me. She takes forever to come to the van to be loaded and then again when we return for her to come into the house. It tries my patience sorely but in the end is probably good for me?? I am sure she does the best she can with what she has left. Even now she seems to have a certain amount of common sense that I always admired in her. And I have to remember she is like a hundred or so in dog years!

The Redding brothers are very quiet this morning. Only Opus is up and about and lying on my lap as I am on the computer. Otis is sleeping on a chair in the kitchen,saving up energy to raise hell during the day most likely. Once again all is well in Miracle House and I am glad to be able to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.