Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Friday 15 February 2013

Organising Animals and a New Floor


 I have no idea what has happened to my Wordosauer game but it is not working well this morning. It has become a part of every morning, but not today I guess. Maybe later. In the meantime Miracle house has one less animal. Maddie went home yesterday and was most happy to see her Mom. Lucky me I not only received a tip but a nice Mexican bowl as well, that I just love to bits. Not long ago I broke the last bowl that was a gift and have missed it. I really enjoy the Mexican colors etc. and still have a few things from my own two trips to the Baha.
Anyway, now there are only the three geriatrics ,the cats and me. Pretty quiet this morning as the cats took their time getting up. Yesterday Jim and I brought the new flooring in the house so it can expand for a time before we start laying floor tomorrow. Big project for sure and I am looking forward to it. If nothing else it will be an experience. Of course working with all these animals around is sometimes difficult but with Maddie gone I tried to get some of them into the porch. I managed to get the cats in there and Teko but as soon as I attempted to bring the next stash of flooring into the house, Teko decided he wanted back in in the worst way! With my hands muti-tasking, I attempted to nudge him out of the way with my foot. No Bloody way! He took offense and attacked my shoe with a vengeance. He really made me laugh because although he attacked with gusto, he still lost and no harm done except maybe to his king-sized ego! He really is getting short-tempered in his old age and once again I am glad he is with me and not at Megs' where there are often little children. I have grown fond of the little pain in the butt, but he tests my own temper at times. My plan for tomorrow is to have all animals in the porch. The Reddings will be easiest as that is their playroom anyway but I imagine the dogs may not be too happy about it, as Teko has already shown me. Teko's dining room basket has been moved to make room for the stacks of flooring, and then I covered the flooring with a blanket. Not one to accept change redily he is presently sleeping on the blanket where his basket is supposed to be. We all are creatures of habit I suppose. I think the house will be in chaos for all of tomorrow for sure, but we will just have to manage.
Although Rocky spends much time licking his paws clean, he has a lot of Cocker Spaniel hair on them and tracks in more dirt than the others. I will have to try and wipe his feet before he comes into the kitchen in an attempt to keep the new kitchen floor looking good for a time at least. And so it is, life with animals does not mean clean floors. But I am looking forward to it, an think it will be a big improvement. Rocky doesn't go home for several weeks yet but he is pretty easy to have around. The other day he decided to check out the neighbors yard and I had a hard time finding him, but he eventually made his way back to our front yard.
Otis is presently doing many bad things to attract my attention to him and Keeper is pacing. Its all a ploy to get me to feed them and it is working! There will be no peace for me until I comply so...what the hell---I will. I now know what being a “dogsbody” is!
###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.