Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Stuffies and Teddy Bears


 Stuffies and Teddy Bears. Over the years keeper had many toys. Most of them came from Gramma K. Even this past Christmas there was a teddy bear in the Christmas package for her, although she no longer had interest in them this past year. Yesterday S.J. Dug a hole for keeper and Auntie Jill and I went down after picking up her body from the vet. (She had been in the freezer those few days) Dr. Pat had found a box and then covered all with a plastic bag. It was all done in a very civilized manner. I had brought Zeddy along to go with her. That's not a typo. Gramma found the first Zeddy and I am thinking they are teddy bears put out by Zellers possibly as an advertisement deal. They had “Zeddy” written across their right paw. They came with a little hat and a scarf, but of course I removed those things as knew they would not last. The first Zeddy was a huge hit with Keeper and she spent many hours exercising her teeth on him. She carried him all over, and we were lucky throughout the years to find replacements as they wore out. Keeper knew him by name and we had a lot of fun playing “Wherezit?”. “Where's Zeddy?” would send her off on a search that would not stop until Zeddy was found and proudly brought to me. And so it only seemed right to send her off with her beloved Zeddy.
I am sleeping better these days. I am no longer on duty to “listen for the bell” and let keeper out at 3:00 a.m. Nor to listen to hear if she is pacing again. I believe the pacing of and old dog is the pain from arthritis, much in the same way I know I have to get up and move when I am in bed hurting. She found it very difficult to lie down and get up and sitting was out of the question. As I watched a friends old dog do the same thing and limp with every step yesterday, I was glad I had done my Keeper this last big favour. No more pain for her! Dead is done and I believe that.
Our feeding schedule is very off these days without the old Matriarch to keep me on the ball. Teko finally took over the job this a.m. And I fed them all. Only one cat in the porch and when I came back in found Otis in my Cheerios lapping up the milk. I persuaded him to go out in the porch and eat with his brother and ate the damn Cheerios anyway! What's a few cat germs? (I won't think about the parts they may hve just cleaned.) I am remembering Teko's eye drops pretty well and he is very good abvout it especially when he gets a cookie after! And now with everyone fed and me too I have to get going to call Bingo for the inmates at the hospital. Keep your eye out for Zeddies, they make great dog toys. And don't forget to hug your dog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.