Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Sunday 17 February 2013

Ren-o's in the Kitchen!


Yesterday was a good one! Jim got about one third of the floor done and it was a lot of work moving stuff out of the kitchen to do that. Definitely a learning experience but it is going to look really good! We are both pleased with it and the day. The animals were NOT impressed as they were all put in the porch. Poor old keeper could not handle the change and barked the entire day! Rocky and Teko just went to sleep and the cats? Well the porch is their playroom anyway. When I finally let them in they were pretty good and I put the ironing board across the doorway. There was a great deal of moving and shoving done, the fridge, the big cupboard and all the stuff under the counter. Four very long and heavy lag bolts to undo in order to move cupboard. We managed very nicely and it is amazing how tings go so much better with two people. Jim is a clever fellow and very careful—totally opposite to gung-ho Joyce and the combination works well . Also I do know how to take orders and can probably thank my brother and Ed for that. I am a great go-fer too. Now my sawing abilities are a different matter entirely and I am not pleased with the cuts I am making. Also it is very hard on my already screwed shoulders. This morning when I got up I thought I was okay and then I moved! My back obviously is protesting the workout and spasming.(is that a word?) To add to things as I walked through the kitchen I accidentally drove a long screw from one of the pedestal legs we had removed from the counter into my heel. I let it bleed for awhile as its a puncture. Luckily I think my tetanus is still updated from the last dog bite I had from a llaso-asshole dog. But other than when I hit my thumb with a hammer that's the only injury so far. Bit progress should be made today and Jim is very aware of being careful, as Deb said-measure twice cut once! And it really is going to look nice. All dogs have been out this a.m. And are conked out sleeping very hard. Even the Reddings are quiet and didn't get into anything last night. Little does everyone know they are all going into the porch again today!
In the ten years I have been here there has been very few “improvements” made. I simply did not have the money to do anything and although I haven't exactly broken into Fort Knox the improvement in cash flow is most welcome. And so Upward and Onward with the flooring project today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.