Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Friday 8 February 2013

Feeding Time


 It is 25 minutes to feeding time and I have become the focus of all animals in Miracle House. I cannot breathe without them taking notice and moving anywhere is dangerous when accompanied by three dogs and two cats. They are wearing me down and I will probably stop everything I am doing to accommodate them. Just as long as they don't start expecting to be fed at 4:00 a.m. or something.
I have been asked about photos and have many of the animals but someone has to come by and teach me how to put them on f.b. That may or may not happen.
I got mixed up on the date Jiggs was to arrive and he is not coming until this afternoon around 1:00 or so. That is a good thing because if a dog arrives when I am working, the owner will have to run me down in town some place. I love Fridays as it means the beginning of three days off. Always a welcome thing with me, for some reason I just want to be at home with my “charges”.
All dogs have been out to pee and whatever. Maddie clomping through the house knocking things down but carefully stepping around the sleeping geriatrics. Now she too is whining in the porch thinking it MUST be breakfast time-she's up isn't she?? Even old Rocky has gotten into the idea of an early breakfast. He is much more animated these days and is doing a bit of “talking” and wagging his stubby tail at me. Quite an easy dog to have around but seemed to feel the cold this morning when he went out and was happy to come in again. Old bones and bodies I guess? Otis at the moment is perched very close to me giving me the big cat “STARE”. Opus is much more mellow and is sleeping on the back of my chair keeping me warm. To my left, on the floor, is Keeper patiently waiting and she probably won't eat anyway. To my right Teko is tucked in his basket and behind me Rocky has placed himself not to miss anything and possibly sleep through breakfast. Maddie seems just too big and busy to be in the house so as stated she is in the porch. Once fed, they will all go back to sleep again-such a hard life being a dog. Uh-oh Otis is losing patience and thinking about walking on the keyboard so OKAY already! They win!! Animals 5, Joyce 0! I guess you could say they run my life. And they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.