Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 1 December 2012

Three dogs ,Two Cats,who's winning? ME!


  It would seem the inclement weather is affecting my furry family. The Redding Brothers are extremely active and now doing the “Redding Romp” in the house. My present boarder is a young female Lab named Maddie and she just cannot handle the “Romp” going on and seems to feel she should either be able to execute it on her timing or else be able to join in. Miracle House is simply not THAT big especially with two geriatric dogs and me in it as well. For the most part Maddie doesn't care about the cats but yesterday at nap time something happened with “Otis the Bold” of course. Not sure if he actually hooked her one(but it is possible) and I awoke to find him in the coffee table and Maddie after him. I restored order and keep trying to have Maddie in for company time as she seems unhappy in the porch. It doesn't work that well so think I will schedule an extra walk. Maddie is here for five days and nights and that's a long time for her. Although Labs like water Maddie certainly is not impressed with all this rain and doesn't even want to go out. She also seems to have a never-ending bladder and simply doesn't need to go out that often. I can't really blame her for taking umbrage with the sudden “Romps” that occur on a moments notice. Just when a dog relaxes this chase starts with two orange cats racing about over the furniture and leaping who- knows-where next! When you add a large Lab behind them even the old deaf Keeper gets upset.
Teko on the other hand, is just very cranky these days. The cats can't even walk by his beds without him getting after them. I have just put the Reddings out in the porch with their breakfast and all is quiet again. Dogs in -cats out and who is keeping score?? I think Teko is simply jealous and that could be part of Maddies problem as well.
Last night Maddie thought she should sleep next to my bed. Well that didn't work out too well as she didn't fit well in that little space, and she thumped about for ages trying to get comfortable and thought she should guard me against cats coming in. Now the cats have slept with me every night so Maddie lost the battle and not being comfortable left the bedroom and slept in comfort on her own bed in the front room. I awoke in the morning to only my animals in the bedroom but Maddie came to greet me as soon as she heard me up. She is starting to get the idea that quiet in the house is recommended and a smart thing to do. First of course she has to inspect the house for anything edible and then she is willing to settle down. That dog will do anything for food! And she has a nose that will detect food in a
minute(or less).
I like to think that I am keeping my boarders happy but when I include my own furries in the mix it can get a bit difficult. So I have to step lively at times but I certainly miss the good weather and using the yard for the bigger dogs. Still Maddie is an easy going gal and I don't think she is really unhappy-just having a hard time figuring things out in here. And of course knowing the Reddings, much of the upset belongs in their paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.