Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Friday 14 December 2012

Sleepin' Where you Want

This morning, I woke to find Daisy had slept on the couch last night.  Not a very good idea as she is a major hair-dropper and besides that's MY spot!  She has her own bed(called a towel in her training) Daisy is here for nine days which is a very long time but I am sure we will manage as she has been her so many times.  True to her breed Daisy is a clever collie and has already learned I don't want her on the couch but may disobey in the night.(too clever by far!)  Anyway not a big deal and I suspect she may have been driven up there by Otis the Bold trying to cuddle as I did hear her bark in the night.(at him?)  Sometimes I suppose it is easier to move than sleep with a pest.  Otis can't make up his mind which large dog bed to possess. But for the moment they are out in the porch and the dogs are more relaxed because of it I think. Everyone needs their quiet time.  Teko has taken to attacking the cats if they even walk by his basket.  Seems he has never forgotten the first time he went to get in bed and there was a cat sleeping there!  He made many beseeching looks at me but I'm not getting into the "kids'" arguments and some things they have to manage themselves.  Teko looked and grumbled and finally growling the whole time climbed in bed with the cat! But there has not been a repeat performance that I know of so I missed the Kodak moment.  Its a known fact that cats will sleep wherever they damn well please.  Sometimes Opus even sleeps on top of the TV!  Not that I have satellite the t.v. is on a lot more than it used to be.
   Its nice to have all my Christmas parcels out and gone and I am now working on my cards. some years I simply did not get around to it!! Mind if it gets much later I can just save them for next year!  The house seems basically under control with a few minor reno's in one corner where the little tree now is.  It even has one present under it!  I am not finished decorating but still ahead of last year anyway.  Bit by bit things are coming together and I am looking forward to a nice Christmas.  One of the best parts of Christmas is hearing from old friends and I just love that.  This year I splurged and ordered some red pyjamas from Sears that have Scottie dogs on them and footprints in black.  A few years ago I found a pair with just footprints on them and I wore them to pieces.  They aren't micro-fleece(which is just decadent on ones body) but they are a comfortable flannel anyway and I do like them. I also received a gift-certificate card from a friend that will take over the Christmas food shopping. A very nice gift indeed.  another friend emailed to see if it was okay to pass on some of her clothing that doesn't fit in the Christmas box.  You bet its ok! And I was happy to receive some nice clothes that I can wear to the few functions I will be attending.   So even though Christmas is not here yet I am a happy and contented person.  Very pleased with my present life and we don't even have a lot of snow to deal with or drive in.  All is good and we are happy in Miracle House indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.