Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 29 December 2012

The cats and Dogs of Miracle House


The Redding Brothers are clever cats indeed! The other day I found my door to the porch wide open letting all the cold air in. I simply thought I had neglected to shut the door properly. Not so! Some time later I discovered Opus had mastered the art of opening the wooden door. He rattles the doorknob until it turns and then he can go out there if he likes. Once the boys had gone out into their playpen I had to get up off the couch(my nesting spot for the past days off) and close the door. A short time later the door opened once again after a bit of rattling, and in came Opus! Of course if I close the outer screen door he is hooped but has taken to climbing the screen and making a great deal of noise doing it and so gets his way in the end. And we are supposed to be the superior race?? I don't see anyone opening and closing doors for me nor bringing me my food. Or cleaning my toilet. These guys have it made in the shade and the dogs as well. But at least now I know who is opening the door and will have to make myself aware of that when I open the back door thinking the cats are safely in the porch,It may not be so!
Up until just lately it has always been Opus that cuddled on the couch or in bed but lately Otis has taken to doing the same thing. The hard part is Otis is much quicker with his claws and you never know when one is going to put in your flesh! I went to sit on the couch recently and had not noticed Otis was there and he simply put a claw in my butt and made me aware of his presence. Yep it gets your attention all right! Little needle claws hurt!
Although they haven't slowed down the boys are changing in different ways. Opus still has a thing for shredding Kleenex and can still spot one from across the room, I have learned to pick them up right away and all my wastebaskets have dog dishes in them to prevent pilfering. Otis has given up on the running water thing and no longer dabbles in my tub water and the toilet? Well I have learned to close the lid to prevent dabbling. Actually it sound like me that is changing and learning to prevent a few things.
Yesterday I had to go to Nelson and although the Reddings are fine on their own in the porch, I wasn't sure what to do with the dogs. I mean what does the Dogsitter do when she needs a dogsitter?? Well I phoned the other gal that does and she was will to accommodate me. Keeper is really a special needs dog. I believe her eyesight has digressed once again and she finds it hard to walk on the crunchy snow and to find her way to the back door once she goes out. Teko is special needs in that if you don't gt him outside every so often he will do his thing in the house! But I made the sitter aware of all this and the only thing I didn't tell her about was Keepers' constant pacing. It drives me nuts but this woman took it all in stride and understood it is just what Keeper does. The dogs soon told her their happiest place was at the sliding doors to watch for me. Its something they did for years in Beas' house and that's where they were! As far as we know Teko only “marked” one spot and that was cleaned up right away. It think one day I will put an elastic around his dealy and see if that stops him! But for the most part both dogs sleep and awful lot and that is easy on every one. I have watched my clients struggle in the door with beds and food dishes etc. and this time it was my turn. From the hair on my jacket it is time for the beds to be cleaned again. Man this is just like looking after kids in a way. Yep home is where the animal hair clings to everything but the animals!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments.