Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 20 November 2012

First Time!


 A Red-Letter first time, day, for the Redding Brothers!! They caught their first mouse!! Hurrah! I have no idea if they got it in the porch or the house but they got it and deposited beside my bed on the floor right where I could not miss it. I found it this a.m. First thing and it looked rather flat and I wonder if I hadn't stepped on it last night with my slippers on and didn't notice? Ugg! Kudos also to the “boys” for not eating the dang thing. A friend just did a number cleaning my house and maybe there was no longer anywhere for the little rodent to hide! But most likely the meeese are looking for a warm place to winter and it is nice to know the boys are on duty and know what they are supposed to do! Yahoo for Otis and Opus- very good cats!
My whole furry family is doing not too badly at all.  Otis continues to upchuck his food and when I get to Nelson I will try and find something else for him. He hasn't lost any weight but did not need this third "P" added to the "assidents" and 'pissidents" already happening around here. Early morning clean-up does nothing for my outlook on a day at all. I have made a "pee-tray" for Keeper and she does seem to use it at times.  its a boot tree with a mat on it and I can wash the mat easier than the floor. Teko has used it on occasion as well. Not a solution at all but it helps a bit. The wooden floor got stained when I had a carpet in here and will one day have to be redone but not until the elderly dogs are not around any more.The cleaning of Miracle House was only hampered at times when the Redding Brothers were inside but they happily go to the porch for treats and play about in there and it is so good to have that as a playpen.
The wet weather has been hard on me and my aching joints but Keeper doesn't seem any worse for it. I am so glad to be able to have that old dog inside where it is warm and to be able to give her soft beds to sleep on.  She has been such a great dog for so very long that she deserves good treatment in these her last years?
If I could I would certainly turn back the clock for her but she is still "in there" and although I am sure she would prefer to still have her hearing and good eyesight, she seems to accept her lot in life much better than we people do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.