Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Sunday 30 September 2012

The Reddings Really Arrive!


Last night, after Roxie left, I was finally free to open the door to the house and let the Redding Brothers in. It didn't take long for them to start exploring the house. they were ready! Saturday had shown a big change in Opie and he could not stand being by himself behind the dog crate any longer.  He was out of there a lot and even let Gramma hold him(Kay J). She and I sat for awhile each with an orange cat that loved the petting and both purred happily.  Such a lovely sound and one I have missed.  I have to step quickly when letting the dogs out the back but I think I can do it.  I always remember cats usually stop to check out a situation, so if they do get out you have a few seconds to get them again.  Otis is a bold bugger similar to Mr.Peaches, so he seems to be the one to watch for doors etc.
  I wondered if it was wise to let the Reddings in at night and how much sleep I would get, but it was quite wonderful. although they came and went throughout the night it was great to hear them purr and get nice cat cuddles. Opie is quite a lovey guy event though he was shy at first.
  I am well aware of the mischief two young cats can get into  but so far have seen little sign of badnesses.  One small vase tipped over but the water missed my papers so that's ok.  I had only just begun to try and have flowers again..  The hairball or whatever that was on my bedspread was also a bit of reality, but so far I am just happy to have them around. They do liven up a household for sure.
  At the moment they are chasing each other through out the house and having a great old time. I am glad I got them both as they are something like twins.  Where one is the other is sure to follow. Its been awhile since I had more than one cat at the same time and I get a kick out of how they line up for the litter box.  Usually Otis is inside the hut like affair and Opie is outside waiting his turn. I had left the hutch off the litter box the first night and had kitty litter almost right across the whole porch , so I wasn't long in getting the top put on again.   I have just arranged their food inside and can see why Otis is larger-he eats more whereas Opie doesn;t seem to be quite the glutton.  Oh well will just make sure food is always available to make sure Opie gets enough to eat.  We have lots of cat food thank goodness.  A big bag of Iams was turned into the post office by a tourist whose cat wouldn't eat it and that was passed onto me. Then too Aunty Jill came with a "shower" present of kitty litter and two boxes of canned food.  Gramma has never been slack in bringing food as well and have canned food leftover from Mr. Peaches.  Then too Gramma brings leftover homemade catfood her cat doesn't always finish and we are well away.  I am sure the boys will be impressed. It is always wonderful to know as well that if for some reason my health takes me away Aunty will be "Jilly-on-the-spot" to take over care of these boys and the dogs as well. Now that is a friend indeed!
  Today the green from the tattoo paste has been all cleaned up from their faces and paws.  Also the medicine they are getting is now being licked of my finger by both cats whereas Laurel had said Opie didn't do that.  He does now!  Otis has had his fill and came to tell me about it on my lap and Opie is taking his turn at chowing down.  The dogs are having their snooze and I expect the cats may have a nap as well now.What an interesting life!  We can take the good with the bad.  Although I am sure many people would be aghast at a hairball in their bed or an aging dog that is incontinent and managed to have a poop that she strung out from the front room clear across almost to the kitchen, I can handle it. The attention and  love I receive back make it a good deal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.