Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Saturday 29 September 2012

Orange Cats with Green

On Thursday I went to pickup my new ORANGE Cats from the vet.  They had just been neutered. They are known as the Redding Brothers and came to me from KAAP which is a rescue organisation.  I had to keep them in the enclosed front porch as one of the dogs I am boarding is opposed to cats and I wanted everything as quiet as possible for them.  In no time at all Otis the all orange guy was out and exploring the place.  Brother Opie followed shortly and at one point disappeared! I looked and looked and even went outside looking but finally discovered him behind a large dog crate that is very hard to move.  But move it I did and eventually he came out again but not for long.  Opie is a lot shyer than Otis but I am confident he will come around.  Both cats have tattoos and now the green paste is all over their paws and faces.
 I have been assured it it water soluble and wonder how good their tattoos will be with them washing each other? I was instructed to leave the paste alone. However the Redding Brothers can't read so......They have become bolder by the day and I have made many visits to the porch to see them. They have taken over the basket near the door and I came home yesterday to find them both in the basket with their arms wrapped about each other.  So cute! And they fill the basket nicely.
  Last night I fell asleep on the couch and was awakened by a very large crash! Expecting these cats to be getting into trouble I immediately went to see what had happened.  Well I don't think it was their fault but a window had come out and broken.  I think it was just old putty letting go and nothing to with the Brothers at all. But it may have scared them out of one of their nine lives.And here I was trying to keep things quiet for them!  But I cleaned up the glass and knew I could not get to Opie to see if he was okay but they both are and in the basket again this morning. Roxie is the boarder preventing me from having the Brothers in the house but she goes home tonight I believe and they can come in then.  Look out House!
   I have at times wondered at my bold move to adopt TWO kitties at once, but it seemed a shame to separate them and I will get twice the cuddles and purrs right?  Once again I wonder if I should change my sign from Miracle House to Animal House at it seems more theirs than mine at times. I just get to clean it-Yech! Oh yeah and pay the bills etc.  Still what is a home without animals?  Its just a house then.
   I look forward to enjoying my kittens for some time and they will not escape like Mr.Peaches and get eaten by coyotes. And at least they have each other. This is not a safe neighborhood for outside cats at all.And I am confident we can all live happily together and boarders will have to be disciplined.
   The collie dog Daisy used to like to chase cats and when she was here once when Mr.peaches was as well I gave her a good tongue lashing and then she wouldn't even look at him.  So i got through to her anyway. The cats will learn I am sure like the ones before them did to just go in the bedroom as that is the "safe" place.
  Auntie Jill came over to meet the Brothers on Thursday and continues to check on their progress.  She is a big time cat person and I think has four??  Two is more than enough for me and we shall all be fine I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.