Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Crazy Days

Sunday was a crazy day.  I woke up far too early and then by about 8:00 got really tired and laid down for a bit and fell asleep of course.  Was three-quarters of an our late to meet good friend for brekkie in the Hotel. I felt really bad and when I finally got her message on the phone(she had left when I got there) she sounded very disappointed and I felt like a real ditz to say the least.  Also had to go to Nelson and that had not been really planned into my schedule.  I got in a flap and phoned Nelson as I was running late and foolishly left my phone in the porch.  My neighbour Laura always lets my dogs out when I am away and to make matters easier for her I put Bella and Mr.P in the porch and took off.  Bella has a never ending bladder and I knew she would be fine and is not great with strangers so it seemed easier that way. My responsibility to these dogs and clients is starting to tell on me and I am getting a bit exhausted by it all and this has been since May really. When I left my friends house to do my shopping, in Nelson, it was absolutely pouring and the storm drains were going nuts. There must have been a blockage or something and water was bubbling out of the storm drains! At the light to turn into the Mall, they had a guy standing on the drain in hi-vis clothing to stop people from hitting the drain which looked like it had popped up more than a foot into the air.  I was glad to finish my shopping and head for home.
  All seemed well with the dogs when I got home but Bella had eaten my phone! My fault really for leaving it out.  She doesn't do change well and I guess I cannot whine about it.   But I really  did like having two phones that were portable.  As soon as I could I took the dogs for a run and on my way home ended up with an impromptu invite for pizza.  Time was marching on and Bella's owner came by twice to get her before I finally got home around 9:00.  Bella was most pleased to see owner and vice-versa.  Nice to see.  So Bella left and it seems Mr.P was jealous and had peed on her bed!  What a bad bugger! So although it 'seemed"my animals had been adjusting very well to all the changes in dogs maybe not?
  So...no more Bella and for the most part she was a very easy dog to have around.  Then Monday morning Borgo returned.  it just seems to go on and on and of course I always need the money so I don't refuse anyone.   My brother may be coming on Friday and Borgo goes home Thursday morning so hopefully I will get a break for a bit to visit with Bro?  Hope the rain takes a break also.  In between times I have been dunging out the spare room and hope to get rid of an old chair that has been in there for a year and a half that is not mine.
  Then its Keepers B-day on Wed. and I must make a cake today sometime.  Silly in a way but what the hell?
 Oh! Teko almost had a near-death experience yesterday. We were at the park and I was walking over to a fellow with a dog to ask if his dog was friendly wnough for me to let Borgo run and Teko fell in the creek-right by the culvert! As always these things seem to happen in a second.  Well the fellow was a real hero and dropped his dogs leash and bailed in after Teko and heaved him out on dry land and it was all over.Thank-you stranger named Ray!(?) I imagine the culvert emptied into the lake but with all the debris etc. one small Chihuahua might have had a helluva time getting out again and definitely would have been under totally for a few minutes!  Silly little bugger has cataracts and may have misjudged the distance-I don't know.  I had my expensive shoes on and also Borgo on leash and would never have been able to react as quickly as this Ray guy did.  And as always although it seemed longer was all over in a couple of minutes really.The dogs played around for a bit and then would you believe Keeper decided to go for a short swim?  I could only hope she was smart enough not to go far but of course Borgo thought he would get in on it and was almost preventing her return to land. So I grabbed him and took him away and she made it safely in.  Don't know as I swim well enough to save any dogs really so will have to be more careful in the future.
Being here seems to be old hat to Borgo this time and he has been a bit bad.Finding all sorts of things to chew up and then did the same when I put  him in the porch.  In the night there was a big clunk and I got up but think he maybe fell off the couch or something?
  Then on Wed, Inga is returning and so it goes! Can only roll with it and do my best.  My clients must be happy anyway if they keep returning and that is a good sign.  Inga is only here for the day and I will have to kennel Borgo and keep her in the porch for Keepers party I think as smaller dogs are intimidated by the larger ones and don't need any scuffles.  Just have to hang onto my old motto of "It will all work out int he end"!
Back to work today and everyone will come with me and tomorrow there will be four in the dogmobile.  Again I am grateful to have the van and also flexible working hours.  it all works if yo keep on your toes.
Uh-oh feeding time in Miracle House so must get going. Also have the Seniors bingo today so a bit busier than a regular day. Thassall Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.