Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Friday 16 August 2013

Snores and snoring, Yukon#3

The topic of snoring. Reared it's ugly head the night before we set out for the Yukon. Trailer owner and I slept in one of the daughters back yard and I was informed that I snored. Ah well what could I do about that. Funnily, so did she! I discovered that when I am very cold I tend to be up and down to the biffy all night long! It did not make for a very restful night for sure. As time went on I suppose the snoring continued and at one point I offered earplugs but that suggestion was refused. I couldn't think of anything else to do and living in such close quarters we both had to just put up with some things. After all we were Camping!
In the first week at the Pole yard, I awoke one morning to hear my travel companion complaining to the others that “..it goes on all night and its driving me nuts!” I could only assume it was my snoring?? I don't know what else she could be talking bout but who knows?? I remember a sister-in-law once telling me that to live in confined quarters (like this?) one really had to like the partner. Well perhaps that had been a mistake on both our parts and in fact I did not know this person very well at all.
As time went on things escalated a bit and she even admitted to slamming the bathroom door (situated next to my head) in an attempt to wake me and stop my snoring. Well, that could only go down as another “cheap shot” in my book. One night she must have been particularly peed off and slammed it so hard I came right off the bed and for a second thought I had been shot! When I was next in the bathroom I thought maybe I should slam that sucker so hard it came off the hinges, however the good little angel on my right shoulder said “Well Joyce that would put you the same as her and it really isn't your style now is it?” So I did nothing - Again! Time and again I thought of the Serenity prayer ”God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference” Short of one hell of a confrontation I really could not change much and so tried for the serenity. In any case the lady was most determined to have her way and for the most part did. I did not go to the Yukon to fight about things and I didn't.
I suppose our goals for this trip differed a lot. She was going to have a visit with her son and so she did. She also thought it clever to have me along to pay half the food and fuel. To that end it worked well and she simply had to put up with things I did that annoyed her. However I had come along in hopes of seeing lots of things and was most disappointed to be camped in the said poleyard all day mostly on our own until the son and his partner came around. We did all four of us have suppers together and I enjoyed that and never had a bad meal - they were all delicious!
But I pined for Kaslo and often wished I was home again. The two months seemed very long indeed.

My partner must have been bored also and having had mice in her ceiling once before decided we should trap mice...but that is for the next story.~~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.