Dog Catcher

Dog Catcher

Monday 25 March 2013

Always Otis!


  It's always Otis! Or at least that's how it seems most of the time. It's Otis that knocks down a partial cup of cold coffee on the new floor, its Otis that can open up the dog food bin and help himself. And again it's Otis that needs to play on the Turbo toy in the night and make lots of noise. Sometimes I think he is just plain BAD! But having said that I do love him dearly and sometimes even enjoy his antics. He does keep life interesting. Unfortunately he is still having his upchucking episodes. I really do not enjoy cleaning up these messes but all part and parcel of having animals I guess?? I will take him to the vet when Teko has to go in again to have his eye looked at. Still putting drops in his(Tekos') left eye in an attempt to ward off Glaucoma. Dr. Pat has spoken of possible removal of the eye but I don't know as we will do that. Teko can hardly see anyway with his cataracts and how far is one to go with this old age stuff?? There simply is no cure for Old Age! In the meantime I have put a small bell on Tekos collar and at least I know where the heck he is. I have never had tiny dogs like this and I seem to lose him a lot even in the house! Again our signal is a clapping of the hands and for a dog whose hearing is not good, that does seem to work. I think too, at times, he has selective hearing and hears when he wants to. He always seems to know when I have left the room and comes looking for me. He's quite the little Warden.
Because his days are numbered and he seldom gets a bone, the other day I gave him the ham hock bone after I had made soup. Teko thought that was great but it caused an awful lot of activity when the cats came in! They were not to go near his bone-not to smell it or even look at it! That was Tekos' and no two ways about that! He spent all his time chasing the cats away from it.
Well today is another sunny day and I am grateful for that!! Yesterday Jim and I took Teko and Max to the park and they had a great time. Teko religiously tried to pee on everything and puts on the mileage trying to accomplish that and leave no leaf,piece of grass or tree unannointed! All peed out he came home and ate all his supper like he had not been fed for a week.
Having a beer in the back yard yesterday I noticed a place where Teko may be getting under the fence and going around to the front steps. This is a game he likes to play. If I am not at the back door to let him in after two barks off he goes to the front porch, where it is much warmer these days and barks there or waits until I notice he is not in the house. I try not to forget he is outside but there go, stuff happens right???
Have caught Otis eating holes in blankets-little wonder he gets sick. What a cat he is! An ex ray might shoe all manner of objects in his tummy. Oooh and the cost of major surgery could be something else! Ah just have to think on the positive and hope not. Life goes on. Miracle house is fine and all of us too! Hurrah!!!
 Big news of the day is my friend in Olds is coming for my retirement party on the 18th!!  That is great and now I really am looking forward to it.   It is to beheld at the Legion and volunteer snacks apparently will be appreciated.
 
~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Your friend from ALBERTA is looking forward to seeing you and giving you a well deserved hug! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.